Regarding today's photography tip...
This post is dedicated to today's photography tip:
Don't try to force a change in photographic style. Change your methods or motivations because you're tired of what you're doing or because you're excited by something new, not to yield to external pressures. (Mar 12, 2009)
What an important message to any photographer amateur or professional. There are times in life where everyone feels like they need to do what everyone else is doing to "fit in". Photography should be a huge exception, photography is an art form and every person sees the world differently. What makes photographers stand out is what they do differently from everyone else. Angles, lighting, post processing, etc. is all what separates you or I from everyone else. Shoot what you love, shoot how you like to shoot and it will always be work you will be proud to show off because that's YOUR style. There is not one type of style that appeals to everyone so don't go into it thinking that you will every please everyone. Different people like different things, different styles, that is just how life works.
Personally I like low key images, always have. I love how dark backgrounds look on every person, I love low key lighting because of the moody images it creates. Not everyone likes low key imagery however the people that do like that style seem to love my work and that's all that matters to me. I love dark, moody images with soft expressions but there are times when lighter backgrounds with adorable smiles are more appropriate for the subject/client so I shoot that instead. No matter what I shoot my style remains the same, people know what to expect from my sessions and that is how it should be. Never compromise who you are as a photographer and the people who love your work will continue to grow with you and cherish every image you create for them!
Enjoy every blessing in life along the way....
Don't try to force a change in photographic style. Change your methods or motivations because you're tired of what you're doing or because you're excited by something new, not to yield to external pressures. (Mar 12, 2009)
What an important message to any photographer amateur or professional. There are times in life where everyone feels like they need to do what everyone else is doing to "fit in". Photography should be a huge exception, photography is an art form and every person sees the world differently. What makes photographers stand out is what they do differently from everyone else. Angles, lighting, post processing, etc. is all what separates you or I from everyone else. Shoot what you love, shoot how you like to shoot and it will always be work you will be proud to show off because that's YOUR style. There is not one type of style that appeals to everyone so don't go into it thinking that you will every please everyone. Different people like different things, different styles, that is just how life works.
Personally I like low key images, always have. I love how dark backgrounds look on every person, I love low key lighting because of the moody images it creates. Not everyone likes low key imagery however the people that do like that style seem to love my work and that's all that matters to me. I love dark, moody images with soft expressions but there are times when lighter backgrounds with adorable smiles are more appropriate for the subject/client so I shoot that instead. No matter what I shoot my style remains the same, people know what to expect from my sessions and that is how it should be. Never compromise who you are as a photographer and the people who love your work will continue to grow with you and cherish every image you create for them!
Enjoy every blessing in life along the way....


Comments
Post a Comment