Has anyone ever written anything for you….

 


Throughout history people have been the muse for art, music, and poetry. I have written several poems about people throughout my life. Some were beautiful words about ones I have loved, others necessary words on paper for healing from those who have hurt me.

Words on paper are powerful! Songs have helped people through their darkest days. Those who cannot express their feelings openly have used poetry to speak on their behalf. Good or bad, words have been used to heal hurt, show love, celebrate life, speak on the current state of the world, appreciate nature, I could go on and on.

So, I ask…has anyone ever written anything for you? No poetry or song has ever been written for me, but I have a large collection of letters and notes my husband has written from the day we started dating back in 1988! I cherish them, they are an honest reflection of a love that has grown, been stretched thin a few times but has come right back and flourished.

Letters are a lost artform, the writer had to sit down and take a moment to gather pen & paper…when is the last time you have taken a “moment” in your busy life? I digress, the writer had to gather their emotions and write thoughts, feelings on paper. The recipient upon receiving the letter sat down and took a moment to read what was written. Letters to me are a gift from another soul, they should be cherished.

I have a hope chest full of postcards, letters, and cards from people I love. They are gifts, my favorite gifts actually, because they are from the soul of another made especially for me. No store-bought gift can compare, just my opinion.

We live in a world full of quick texts and voicemails where people “fit you in”. Do something nice and take a “moment” to write a letter to someone in your life that you love, respect, or appreciate. It could be a friend, a boss, a coworker, your significant other or a relative but take the time to write down how you feel about that person. Their reaction will be worth the effort, and who knows maybe you will receive some beautiful words in return.

 


Comments

Popular Posts