They call it the change.....
I was NOT prepared for this! They make it sound like such an easy transition into being a mature woman and entering menopause. For me, that my friends, was a lie. First of all I knew my body was changing and I couldn't get doctors to listen to me. They kept telling me I was too young to be going into menopause. I demanded they test and sure enough I was in menopause at age 47, average age is 51. I was period free for over a year and thankful to be rid of that mess!!
Then I started noticing that I wasn't feeling like myself. My sex drive had dwindled, I wasn't getting good sleep, I was extremely hot most of the time, I was tacking on the weight despite the fact that I watch what I eat and exercise. I was also very irritable and forgetful. Some of this I chalked up to getting old and kept on pushing. What became unbearable was the hot flashes, extra weight and zero libido even though I find my husband very sexy. It was like my mind and my girlie bits were in two different worlds. So I found an over the counter medicine (Estroven) that stated it helped with multiple symptoms. It did help with many of the symptoms I was struggling with but it didn't help at all with the libido and weight.
I then tried the injectable pellets. That certainly ramped up by sex drive and gave me tons of energy but because it was an injection every 3-4 months the mood swings were worse. Sooooo, where's the best of both worlds solution please????
Now I cannot tell you what will work best for you if you are entering this glorious stage of life. All I can tell you is what works for me. I have always struggled with depression, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease in 2014 which is an auto immune disease where your body actively attacks your organs and thyroid so your thyroid under-performs due to the constant attack on it. Low energy, weight gain, and more fun stuff is normal for this disease. I state all that to let you know why the pellets didn't work FOR ME.
So due to the massive mood swings from the pellets and my husband telling me that I gotta get this under control because he doesn't know who he's coming home to everyday I made the decision to go back to the once a day, over the counter pill. So did more research on Estroven and the multiple versions they sell. Originally, I tried the multi-symptom version, and it did help with many of the symptoms that i struggled with but I needed more help with mood and stress. So I bought the Estroven version with stress relief and energy boost. This, for me, was a game changer!!! I've been using this version now for roughly a year and my mood and stress levels are better than ever. I feel like the brain fog has improved and overall I feel great! That is not to say that I don't feel the aches and pains of getting older, that nonsense is still there, but this little pill that I take daily has given me the ability to go through this stage of life with grace and patience.
Let me know in the comments if you have been struggling as well! I don't have all the answers but I'll try to help in my limited knowledge.



Comments
Post a Comment